If you're reading this blog now, you've probably already checked out my 'About Me' box and discovered my mistake. I just want to tell you that I was serious about writing this blog; it's been something that I've wanted to do for a while now. So, on my first blog post, I want to elaborate a little on the story of this blog (nothing longwinded or boring, promise) and tell you what to expect on this book blog.
A few nights ago at midnight, I was on my computer, looking at my profile on Blogger.com. I'd created it in order to enter various giveaways on blogs, and at first had no intention to create a blog. But, my desire to write a blog began and grew rapidly over time, and I'd thought of the perfect name for my blog, but I wasn't sure if it was available. So, sitting there at midnight, tired and somewhat delirious after a hard day, I decided to mess around with blog names, thinking that I wouldn't actually create a blog.
Turns out, I did. Oops.
I was freaking out, but then I saw my blog and its layout, and I realized that the time to write a blog was now. I already had once set up, didn't I? So, after researching blogging tips, I resolved to have a book blog of my very own.
Okay, story time's over. What I want to do with this blog is not only review YA, MG, and Children's fiction, but I also plan to have giveaways (which will be awesome, my friend) and have several other features that I bet you're going to like....
And, not only am I going to write book reviews for the up-and-coming novels that everyone's buzzing about, and the established novels that are already firmly planted in the literary universe, but I also want to introduce you to obscure gems that I've picked up at various used book sales, surfing through Amazon, etc.
Well, that is what I have planned for the blog, and that's its story. But, before I finish this post, I'll tell you five random things about me, since I've just started and I'm basically a stranger to you right now:
1. I've watched the show Friends so many times that I use quotes from the show at least three times a day.
2. At used book sales I usually buy at least 25 books per sale (and usually get all of them for a really cheap price!)
3. I'm an absolute sugar addict, but I've tamed myself enough so that I only have something sweet as an occasional indulgence.
4. I love wearing anything sparkly, whether it be rhinestones or sequins (or just full-on glitter).
5. I love to talk. You've probably figured that out by now : )
Well, I guess that's all for now! Stay tuned!