Only the best YA, MG, and Children's Fiction gain entry into the Lit Castle.....

I am Maiden Myth, just a humble servant of the Lit Castle in the Clouds, devouring literature as I anticipate moving up to Queen : )

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Some things that you want come in odd ways....


If you're reading this blog now, you've probably already checked out my 'About Me' box and discovered my mistake. I just want to tell you that I was serious about writing this blog; it's been something that I've wanted to do for a while now. So, on my first blog post, I want to elaborate a little on the story of this blog (nothing longwinded or boring, promise) and tell you what to expect on this book blog.

A few nights ago at midnight, I was on my computer, looking at my profile on Blogger.com. I'd created it in order to enter various giveaways on blogs, and at first had no intention to create a blog. But, my desire to write a blog began and grew rapidly over time, and I'd thought of the perfect name for my blog, but I wasn't sure if it was available. So, sitting there at midnight, tired and somewhat delirious after a hard day, I decided to mess around with blog names, thinking that I wouldn't actually create a blog.

Turns out, I did. Oops.

I was freaking out, but then I saw my blog and its layout, and I realized that the time to write a blog was now. I already had once set up, didn't I? So, after researching blogging tips, I resolved to have a book blog of my very own.

Okay, story time's over. What I want to do with this blog is not only review YA, MG, and Children's fiction, but I also plan to have giveaways (which will be awesome, my friend) and have several other features that I bet you're going to like....

And, not only am I going to write book reviews for the up-and-coming novels that everyone's buzzing about, and the established novels that are already firmly planted in the literary universe, but I also want to introduce you to obscure gems that I've picked up at various used book sales, surfing through Amazon, etc.

Well, that is what I have planned for the blog, and that's its story. But, before I finish this post, I'll tell you five random things about me, since I've just started and I'm basically a stranger to you right now:

1. I've watched the show Friends so many times that I use quotes from the show at least three times a day.

2. At used book sales I usually buy at least 25 books per sale (and usually get all of them for a really cheap price!)

3. I'm an absolute sugar addict, but I've tamed myself enough so that I only have something sweet as an occasional indulgence.

4. I love wearing anything sparkly, whether it be rhinestones or sequins (or just full-on glitter).

5. I love to talk. You've probably figured that out by now : )

Well, I guess that's all for now! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment