Only the best YA, MG, and Children's Fiction gain entry into the Lit Castle.....

I am Maiden Myth, just a humble servant of the Lit Castle in the Clouds, devouring literature as I anticipate moving up to Queen : )

Friday, August 20, 2010

All about Paranormalcy by Kiersten White!


I'm sure that most of you readers out there suffer from an enormous, teetering TBR pile. That's true for me-and when I found out about Paranormalcy by Kiersten White, I knew that the pile was about to collapse.

I discovered the cover some time ago and was instantly captivated. I mean, look at it! It's sophisticated and absolutely exquisite. I have to stop gushing about this cover, but it's just so perfect!

If you weren't hooked already by the cover, here is the synopsis to tantalize you further:

Evie’s always thought of herself as a normal teenager, even though she works for the International Paranormal Containment Agency, her ex-boyfriend is a faerie, she’s falling for a shape-shifter, and she’s the only person who can see through paranormals’ glamours.

But Evie’s about to realize that she may very well be at the center of a dark faerie prophecy promising destruction to all paranormal creatures.

So much for normal.

Paranormalcy is intriguing for so many reasons. There are hordes of supernatural creatures in this book-mermaids, vampires, werewolves, zombies, and-as you found out from the synopsis-faeries and shape-shifters. Honestly, what fantasy lover wouldn't adore a book that has all of these mythical creatures spilling out of the pages? And Evie is such a kick-butt heroine. Kiersten White created a three-dimensional character with convincing layers and a teenage mind tinged with supernatural experiences, and does it so well that I am so excited to read more of it.

How do I know so much about a book that isn't out yet, you may ask? Well, head on over to Harper Teen's official website and check out the Browse Inside section, where you can read nine chapters of Paranormalcy for free! Awesome, right? You can also read other books, some a limited preview and some in full. For example, right now Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard is full online for free. Here's the link: Browse Inside Paranormalcy by Kiersten White

Paranormalcy comes out August 31st, 2010. Also check out Kiersten White's Twitter, she is hilarious.

I wanted to post the book trailer as well, but my computer isn't working right. : (

Until the next review or book-rave,

Maiden Myth


I got both the synopsis and cover pic from Amazon.



No comments:

Post a Comment